Explorer

CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer training

Hello,

I am planning to take CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer training. I don't know Scala.  Can I learn enough Scala with the  Cloudera training "Just Enough Scala" to take the certification exam?

Thanks in advance

Carlota Vina

Explorer

Re: CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer training

Hello,

My idea is to take trainings  in Cloudera.

Best Regards,

Carlota Vina

Topics: 3
Kudos: 102
Solutions: 66

No you will not. The course expects, if it isn't a pre-req, that you already know either Java, Scala or Python. You can work in any of those languages and solutions are provide in each. My instructor even covered how to do things in Python and Scala. But you will not learn enough to pass the examine.
Explorer

Hello,

I'm planning to take the on-demand course. I know a  bit of Python but nothing of Scala. How can I study more Python and Scala to take the on-demand course?

Thanks in advance

Carlota

Topics: 3
Kudos: 102
Solutions: 66

It depend on how you like to learn. Coursera has quite a few courses on Python. Both have plenty of books. I couldn't recommend any specific ones. I haven't checked Safari recently but I found some good videos on learning java on it. I'd check youtube as well as sometimes you can find some decent content there.

I also recommend you stick with Python if you already know a bit of it unless there is some other external factor pushing you towards Scala.
Highlighted
Explorer

What about the Cloudera training on-demand "Enough Phtyon" to learn more

Announcements