Highlighted
New Contributor

Cloudera Certifications : I felt unfair

Hello All ,

I have appeared CCA175 examination one month before and while and after appearing I got the below issue.

Regarding Cluster:

1. The VM was very slow to proceed and I have complained to the proctor about this several times

2. The Proctor was unable to help me on this

3. I was unable to switch from Terminal to Browser and vice versa to write the solution

4. I was able to chat with the Proctor properly but only VM was getting very slow to proceed

5. The internet connection was completely fine from my end but only due to VM issue from Cloudera I have faced a lots of difficulties

6. At the end the proctor said he/she will raise a concern for another chance but not received any response from the team

Regarding Cloudera Management

1. I have opted for the exam long before. The exam syllabus was changed but I have not received any email from cloudera

2. After the exam I have sent several emails to the cloudera management but I have not received any response from them

3. The response from the cloudera management was never formal enough. It was rude

At the end I must say , I have done an awesome preparation for CCA175 but I failed due to Poor management and slow cluster.

I request to the cloudera team to refund my money or give me another chance for the exam.

Regards ,

Amit

New Contributor

Re: Cloudera Certifications : I felt unfair

Hi,

Today I also felt the same issue. The provided VM was extremely slow because of which I couldn't attempt 2 questions, which I could have easily solved :( :( For examle: typing anything on lime-editor was starting 3-4 seconds after I have typed the word, switching between window was even worse and taking about 5-7 seconds for every switch when multiple windows(6-7) was open. I was also need to close spark-shell and restart it few times because it was hanging. So overall my at least 20 minutes was wasted because of very poor performance of cluster.

So I request cloudera test management team to either make cluster perform better or give more time for the exam, so that we don't get frustration of wasting money just because of poor system even after very well prepation for the exam.

Regards,

Vijay

Kudos: 91
Solutions: 47

I am sorry to see your post about running into issues Vijay. I suggest emailing certification@cloudera.com so they can look into your exam.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are not alone.  I gave the exam week before last week and the VM was way too slow as usual.  I say "as usual" because I have attempted 2 exams before this one.  Definitely these are not the conditions we work on a daily basis.

And my connection speed is 300Mbps and my laptop was connected directly to the router during the exam.  

I am not sure if they have made any attempts to measure, correct and/or justify.  I am more than happy to be a volunteer.

-Bala

Thank you for adding to the conversation Bala. Did you reach out to the certification team via email previously? If not, I suggest you do so. I have also been notifying my contact on the team but they would prefer direct contact via email from everyone.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Contributor

Thanks @cjervis

I have just sent them an email.  I have already purchased/paid for another two exams (DE575 and CCA131) that are yet to taken and to be honest I am really dreading the experience.

Cheers

New Contributor

I was also planning for CCA-131 exam and considering other data science exam also but after my scary experience during CCA-175 exam, I have already dropped my plans for these exams :( I was very well prepared for CCA-175 exam and till now I couldn't believe that I have failed it, but I still want to try at least one more time for CCA-175 as my preparations are already there and I'm probably inches away from clearing it?

Dear Mr Jervis,

I've contacted(and contacting as well) certification team but they don't seem to be agree with slowness of the VM. I request you also to contact them on behalf of us if possible, so that probably they may agree at least upto some extend about the slow performance of the VM?

Regards, Vijay

Thank you for the update @Agrawal. I have been forwarding the information to the certification team as well as asking each of you to reach out directly. Ultimately it is the certification team that handles the investigation from there. 

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Till now no action was taken for me !!! I wrote a lots of emails but no response from the team !!! @cjervis please try to address on this issue.

Hi @Amit0900. Are you the same person as @AmitAchary? I want to be sure this isn't a seperate instance. 

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements