Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCA-500) - Exam Pattern

Explorer

Dear Haddop Admin Gurus,

I am currently learning Hadoop Administration and would like to get certified on Cloudera Hadoop Administration for which the exam is CCA - 500.

In this regard i would like to know the experience of you on the below :

1. How is the exam pattern , Is it going to be objective type questions or any other . Please provide the details.

2. Is there any Practice question sessions or the sample questions provided to test myself before attempting the exam. 

3. Is there any offical course material to be prepared from cloudera on this. Please provide the link if i can download the same.

Kindly accept my apologies for my ignorance here and help me in preparing for the CCA 500 exam.

Best Regards,

Venkata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Not a problem at all. I'm happy I could help. 🙂

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Community Manager

Welcome to the community @dvrk. I think most of your questions are covered in our community article Cloudera Certification FAQ and the CCA-500 page on Cloudera.com. If you have any further questions after reading through those, let me know and I will see what I can find out. 🙂

Best of luck. 

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Dear Jervis, Thanks a lot for the information. But the answer to my specific query is not clear from the FAQ.

As requested please confirm me on the below:

(1) Is the exam pattern is going to be Question with Multiple choice type or it is going to be descriptive one.

Kindly confirm on this.

(2) Any sample questions from the exam so that we can prepare for the exam based on that. 

Best Regards,

DVRK 

Community Manager

I think for those questions the  CCA-500 page on Cloudera.com should be what you are looking for as it lays out the exam sections and blueprint. By reading through it it looks like a descriptive test but I can double check if you still need clarification after looking it over. 

For example, section one of the exam:

1. HDFS (17%)

• Describe the function of HDFS daemons
  • Describe the normal operation of an Apache Hadoop cluster, both in data storage and in data processing
  • Identify current features of computing systems that motivate a system like Apache Hadoop
  • Classify major goals of HDFS Design
  • Given a scenario, identify appropriate use case for HDFS Federation
  • Identify components and daemon of an HDFS HA-Quorum cluster
  • Analyze the role of HDFS security (Kerberos)
  • Determine the best data serialization choice for a given scenario
  • Describe file read and write paths
  • Identify the commands to manipulate files in the Hadoop File System Shell

Explorer

Hi Jervis,

Thanks a lot, As still not clear from the content that whether it is a type of : Question and Multiple choice answers to it or is it a descriptive type exam for CCA 500.  

Please help me in finding the pattern of the exam.

Anyone of Hadoop gurus, who has given the certification recently also can share the pattern to help me in preparing for the test.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkata Ramakrishna D 

Community Manager
I have checked with the certification team and they advised that it is
multiple choice.

Explorer

Hi Jervis,

Thanks a lot for your information. 

Really appreciate your support on this. 

Best Regards,

Venkata Ramakrishna D 

Community Manager

Not a problem at all. I'm happy I could help. 🙂

Explorer
  • Hey,

According to me, you should start reading from online

FIrsly you should search on google and get the idea.

watch the video: - Video is one of the best sources for learning,  So, you can watch the video and do the practice

Forum Sites: - Participate on forum and  community website, you can share your query and get the solutions by experts

Buy Book - You can buy book from online
    Book Name:- (Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop Ccah Exam Unofficial Review Questions and Answers 2016/17 Edition: 60+ Review Questions Covering Exam Cca-500 )

If you have the budget, you should get the admission in any well-respected institute. I want to give a small advice you should get the admission in Koenig Solutions I also took the training from this institute and I had good experience with this institute so, you should try there.

Explorer
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
The exam is now replaced with CCA 131.

Best Regards,
Venkata Ramakrishna