Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager Server Panel doesn't work properly

Explorer

Hi, I'm following this tutorial in order to install Cloudera Manager and CDH. The installation ends correctly, but I can't access to http://localhost:7180. Checking if the service has started:

[root@localhost cloudera]# service cloudera-scm-server status
/etc/init.d/cloudera-scm-server: line 109: pstree: command not found
cloudera-scm-server.service - LSB: Cloudera SCM Server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server)
   Active: active (exited) since Thu 2017-03-02 12:27:41 EST; 5min ago
  Process: 2716 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 02 12:27:36 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Cloudera SCM Server...
Mar 02 12:27:36 localhost.localdomain cloudera-scm-server[2716]: /etc/rc.d/init.d/cloudera-scm-server: line 10...nd
Mar 02 12:27:36 localhost.localdomain su[2738]: (to cloudera-scm) root on none
Mar 02 12:27:41 localhost.localdomain cloudera-scm-server[2716]: Starting cloudera-scm-server: [  OK  ]
Mar 02 12:27:41 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started LSB: Cloudera SCM Server.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
[root@localhost cloudera]#

I get the following errors every 15 seconds in /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log:

2017-03-02 12:36:57,478 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive: Unable to retrieve non-local non-loopback IP address. Seeing address: localhost.localdomain/127.0.0.1. 
2017-03-02 12:36:57,478 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive failed. Bootup = false
2017-03-02 12:36:57,478 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive was not able to access CM identity to validate it.
2017-03-02 12:36:57,478 ERROR ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive: ScmActive is deferring the validation to the next run in 15 seconds.
2017-03-02 12:36:57,479 WARN ScmActive-0:com.cloudera.enterprise.AbstractWrappedEntityManager: Rolling back transaction that wasn't marked for rollback-only.
java.lang.Exception: Non-thrown exception for stack trace.
	at com.cloudera.enterprise.AbstractWrappedEntityManager.close(AbstractWrappedEntityManager.java:161)
	at com.cloudera.cmf.persist.CmfEntityManager.close(CmfEntityManager.java:356)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive.markScmActive(ScmActive.java:224)
	at com.cloudera.server.cmf.components.ScmActive.run(ScmActive.java:87)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I get response if I execute locally:

[root@localhost cloudera]# curl localhost:7180
[root@localhost cloudera]# 

3 REPLIES 3

Champion
Are you accessing it from a browser on the same machine that you have it installed on?

Put the actual hostname to ip address mapping in the /etc/hosts file and try to access it via the hostname.

Since you installed with the installer it will be using the embedded database. To be diligent, ensure that is also running, cloudera-scm-server-db.

New Contributor

Yes, install web browser on the same maching and try accessing it from the browser. Do this in the first time, instead trying from your host (if you are using VirtualBox or other virtualization tools).

You can ignore the "unable to retrieve non-local non-loopback ip address" error.

Champion

I belive the problem might be in this configuration file . 

did you change the localhost into your "hostname"  - in Server_host in the below configuration. 

/etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini

server_host=localhost
change it to

server_host= - to the host were you installed CM

then 

sudo service cloudera-scm-server-db start
$ sudo service cloudera-scm-server start

this should help you to connect to CM via browser