Explorer

Re: Cloudera Manager is not opening in Quickstart vm

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I had the same problem and I found the culprit in this log, thanks.

When trying to start cloudera-scm-server it started correctly (apparently, it says OK in green), but it wasn't started. In the log /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log I could see this error:

java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'cm'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I was working with the VM with no problem days before and I didn't change anything. Why it just stopped working? I don't know. But with this post I tried root user instead of cm (changing /etc/cloudera-scm-server/db.properties file) and it worked! :)

After changing the db.properties file I had to restart the services doing this:

1. sudo service cloudera-scm-server restart
  2. sudo service cloudera-scm-agent restart
  3. sudo /home/cloudera/cloudera-manager --force --express

Hope it helps!

Explorer

[ Edited ]

Now Hue doen't work... another password problem:

OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'hue'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

I don't get it, I didn't change the password after the first Hue login.

The way to get the password is (if I am right):

1. /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/163-hue-HUE_SERVER/hue.ini
  2. /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/163-hue-HUE_SERVER/altscript.sh sec-5-password
  3. /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/163-hue-HUE_SERVER/creds.localjceks" "${ALIAS}

creds.localjceks is a binary file, so I don't know what password is set in order to change hue password in linux account (I'm not sure if would fix the problem).

Cloudera Manager can't start Hue server because this error, how can I fix Hue?

Thanks

PD: There is no need for password as I can test trying logging with hue user with mysql... so I tried to comment password line (previous 2º item) and still it is setting the pass. n-hue-HUE_SERVER is created when startint Hue server... so I need to find the original config.

Champion

try using cloudera / cloudera for both username / password.

let me know if that helps

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

The user/pass cloudera doesn't work in mysql, but even if it would worked it won't solve my problem.

The thing is, why suddently the access to cm/hue's mysql stop working? I mean 'cm'@'localhost' failed and I had to use root user. Now with HUE I can't use Hue user with the defined password.

In order to continue using cloudera VM I have created another VM and works well.

Thanks

Announcements