Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting "client is newer that server" error when running clusterdock

Contributor

I am running clusterdock on Fedora Core 23. When I issue the command

clusterdock_run ./bin/start_cluster cdh

I get the following error when the nodes are images are being pulled.

INFO:clusterdock.topologies.cdh.actions:Pulling image docker.io/cloudera/clusterdock:cdh580_cm581_primary-node. This might take a little while...
Warning: failed to get default registry endpoint from daemon (Error response from daemon: client is newer than server (client API version: 1.23, server API version: 1.22)). Using system default: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Error response from daemon: client is newer than server (client API version: 1.23, server API version: 1.22)

Fatal error: local() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing 'docker pull docker.io/cloudera/clusterdock:cdh580_cm581_primary-node'

Aborting.

I can continue by manually pulling the images but will I see this error every time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor
clusterdock requires Docker version 1.11+ and your host is running a 1.10 release. Upgrade Docker on the machine and then continue to use the clusterdock_run command to start clusters.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Contributor
Even after pulling the image manually the script tries to pull it again and gets the same error. I am not sure what part of the script causing this or how to override it.

Expert Contributor
clusterdock requires Docker version 1.11+ and your host is running a 1.10 release. Upgrade Docker on the machine and then continue to use the clusterdock_run command to start clusters.

Contributor

Thanks.

I followed the solution at Docker Installation On Fedora to install Docker's own yum repo. This allowed to me to upgrade to 1.12 and the clusterdock solution worked after that.