New Contributor

How do I preserve upgrades to CDH on my Clusterdock Multinode Quickstart between reboots?

[ Edited ]

Hi

I installed docker based multinode quickstart using the instructions at https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/08/multi-node-clusters-with-cloudera-quickstart-for-docker/

I got all my services running and was able to quickly import some test datasets into hive and run some queries in implala. I wanted to learn spark and observed the spark version was too old. I wanted to upgrade spark parcel.. and so had to upgrade my Cloudera manager version as a prerquisite. I upgraded my CDH to 5.9 including cloudera manager and was able to upgrade my spark as well.

I had to shut down my pc yesterday. When i restarted today, I had to execute the following to turn on my cluster :

clusterdock_run ./bin/start_cluster -n testing cdh --primary-node=node-1 --secondary-nodes='node-{2..4}'

The cluster came backup but was reset to the original settings. downgraded CDH back to 5.8 and I lost all my files as well. I'm a beginner with Docker. Is there a way I can preserve my work and my CDH configuration and files between restarts ?

Thank you.
Announcements