Contributor

Need inputs on certification

Hello Hadoop Admin experts,

I am learning Hadoop Administration and would like to get certified in Cloudera Hadoop Administration.

I would like to have information on below points please .

1. How is the exam pattern , Is it going to be objective type questions or any other . Please provide the details.
2. Is there any Practice question sessions or the sample questions provided to test myself before attempting the exam.

3. Does Cloudera provide any trainings for this course? If yes, can you let me know the details about the same.
4. Is there any offical course material to be prepared from cloudera on this. Please provide the link if i can download the same.

Kindly accept my apologies for my ignorance here and help me in preparing for the CCA.

Thanks,

Priya

Kudos: 91
Solutions: 47

Re: Need inputs on certification

Thanks for asking @cdhhadoop. You can find the answers you seek on the CCA Administrator Certification page. To speed you along though, I have mostly copied and pasted the information over (in bold) from the page for you below. I suggest looking over the certification page as well. 

1. How is the exam pattern , Is it going to be objective type questions or any other . Please provide the details.

Number of Questions: 8–12 performance-based (hands-on) tasks on pre-configured Cloudera Enterprise cluster.

Exam Question Format: Each CCA question requires you to solve a particular scenario. Some of the tasks require making configuration and service changes via Cloudera Manager, while others demand knowledge of command line Hadoop utilities and basic competence with the Linux environment.

2. Is there any Practice question sessions or the sample questions provided to test myself before attempting the exam.

There is not a set a practice questions but there is one example at the bottom of the page. Also if you look over the required skills section on the certification page it provides the items you will expected to be able to perform.

3. Does Cloudera provide any trainings for this course? If yes, can you let me know the details about the same.

Audience and Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for taking any Cloudera certification exam; however, a background in system administration, or equivalent training is strongly recommended. The CCA Administrator exam (CCA131) follows the same objectives as Cloudera Administrator Training and the training course is an excellent part of preparation for the exam.

4. Is there any offical course material to be prepared from cloudera on this. Please provide the link if i can download the same.

There are no freely downloadable official course materials.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Need inputs on certification

Hello cjervis

Announcements