Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Training material for Cloudera On Demand learning

New Contributor

Hello,

I have noob question about the cloudera training material. I tried to seach in this forum and on Google but couldn't find the answer.

I have got the subscription to the Cloudera On Demand training from my employer. I can access all the courses and the course handouts etc. But in the hand outs it mentions that Cloudera’s training courses use a Virtual Machine (VM)  which has already installed tools, data, and examples that you will use to complete the exercises. Which VM it is refereing to? Is cloudera Quick Start VM or my employer suppose to provide all those material? On the Quick Start VM I cannot find 'training' as a user as mentioned in the handouts. 😞

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Community Manager

Don't beat yourself up for asking. I wasn't sure myself so I checked with the training team. They advised that there is a button inside of the course that launches the environment which is hosted.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Community Manager

Don't beat yourself up for asking. I wasn't sure myself so I checked with the training team. They advised that there is a button inside of the course that launches the environment which is hosted.

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor
Thanks for the guidance. I could find it but it took a while to figure out. So for future readers, there's a button called "Open" on the exercise page of the course.