New Contributor

Tutorial Exercise 5: missing Start Date, End Date and Interval

After drag the bar chart to create new chart, unlike the tutorial, the Start, End and Interval is missing in my server, may I know why and how to fix it? Thanks.

Tutorial

tutorial.jpg

My Case:

mycase.jpg

Explorer

Re: Tutorial Exercise 5: missing Start Date, End Date and Interval

I'm seeing the same thing in the Quickstart VM for CDH 5.8 (cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox.zip with MD5: 50f267e148c859ba1cca0bc142201361).

I confirmed that the request_date field is defined as a 'date' in the solr config.  I even attempted to change it to a tdate, redeployed the solr config, reindexed new log data, and still got the same behavior as Adam captured in his screencap.

Sorry, I couldnt be of help, Adam.  At least you know you arent the only one experiencing this. :)

New Contributor

Have the same problem too. Trying with latest Cloudera VM version........Any suggestion?

New Contributor

Same here, nearly a year after you originally posted. Has anyone fixed this? Thanks.

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

Hi Adamchui,

Start and End have been moved to the top bar in the HUE UI. After you've selected your index, you should see a calendar icon next to the search bar. You can use that to set the Start and End dates. 

I believe the "range" option has been removed from the bar chart, however you can use the histogram for that which is called "timeline" in the widget list.

Hope that helps!

Announcements