04-15-2017 12:46 PM - edited 04-15-2017 02:28 PM
I installed Cloudera Manager Quickstart VM 5.8 a week ago and have been working on it every day every since. Although I enjoyed working on it and learning new things, I am facing some problem with the software. In the past 1 week, the browser was unable to connect to Cloudera Manager and tried connecting continously for a long period of time. First time when it happened I thought that it was some connectivity issues and as I didn't have much work saved on the system. I quickly uninstalled the VM and started a new one again.. But I am facing the same problem for the second time within a week. My system has 16GB RAM, i3 5th generating processor. I am running it on VMware workstation.
04-16-2017 06:17 AM
Welcome to the community. I'm not an expert but I like to try to rule out the easy fixes I know in case it can assist you while you wait for a more seasoned expert to chime in.
My system has 16GB RAM, i3 5th generating processor. I am running it on VMware workstation.
I want to be clear here, it seems that you are stating the system has the above specs but what resources have you allocated to the VM you are having the issues with?
As seen in your screen shot, using Cloudera Manager in the VM requires a minimum of 8GB or RAM and two virtual processing cores. Using the Cloudera Enterprise Trial requires a minimum of 10GB of RAM and two virtual cores. Sometimes people don't realize that the resources allocated to the VM take away from the resources available to the main system which has minimum requirements as well. You may be running into our top common issue listed on our community article on how to setup the Cloudera Quickstart VM which is virtualization needing to be enabled on Windows systems.
Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
04-16-2017 06:22 AM
04-17-2017 09:51 AM
04-17-2017 10:48 AM
04-17-2017 10:57 AM
04-23-2017 10:35 AM
Thank you mbigelow for your assistance.. Somehow the problem is fixed now without I changing any settings or deleting any data.. Started VM after couple of days and everything works smooth.. Just hoping it doesn't gets back again in future..