Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

What are all the new changes in CCDH ?

Explorer

I had decided to take the CCDH exam 4 month back after saw the FAQ and Study guide which has changed a lot apparently now. The following things are i have in my mind to get clear.

1) During my exam time, can i able to refer to my notes?

2) I saw that the older version of this exam had only ask you to choose the option (not asking you to write a code). Is it the same now?

3) Now it says "This exam focuses mainly on Java MapReduce and some Hive." So, shall i leave the other hadoop eco system components?

4) Will the exam covers both the MR1 & MR2 (YARN)?

Could someone please clarify/correct me on the above? Thanks a lot in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator
Subject to the conditions of purchasing, which are listed before purchasing -- all that is on the website, in the FAQ, in the terms and conditions.

But yes, in general, you purchase and then choose when you want to schedule between now and Dec 31, 2015 or the EOL of the exam. All that info. is put forth on the website.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Collaborator

No, you cannot use notes. It's a high-stakes certification exam. You can't drink during it, you have to scan the room, your biometrics are recorded, your eye movement, you cannot talk to yourself, etc. it's a secured environment.

Nothing has changed with the exam. We added the note because we get daily inquiries if the exam is on Spark and it's not. The exam covers the objectives on the website.

Explorer

Thanks for the reply Brad !!.

I understand/respect the policy of Coludera's to protect the content and integrity of its exam. But scanning my own room and not talking to myself, seriously? 

If Coludera expect their exam to be secure then i think it should allow these kind of exams to be taken in the test center and not "Anytime, Anywhere". Because everyone can't afford to create a secure environment for a single exam. I would request you guys to facilitate for this so that we would think how to clear an exam rather than thinking how to attend the exam.

Thanks in advance!!

Master Collaborator

Cloudera will no longer approve or support test centers as we could no longer abide the issues so prevalent in test centers. I do not know of a single program in business today that isn't looking to get out of test centers. Test centers are a last-century, archaic, relic that completely ignores technological advances of the past decade. 

I've been working in and managing certification programs since 1991 and I can pretty safely say: In the next five years, I believe you will see the complete demise of test centers and multiple-choice exams in any highly technical arena. And I think you'll see that happen in our industry/market much much sooner. I meet montly with the directors of some of the most important and high-profile IT certification programs and not a single one of those companies is moving forward with multiple-choice exams and test centers. And in our space, all the programs are already there or moving that direction. Even the test center vendors are acquiring remote proctoring companies and technologies and moving away from brick-and-mortar delivery. Just like more and more data and storage and activity is moving to the cloud, so are exams and so are proctors. 

Explorer
Thanks for the reply Brad!! I have one more question. Can I buy the exam
now and schedule it whenever I want?

Master Collaborator
Subject to the conditions of purchasing, which are listed before purchasing -- all that is on the website, in the FAQ, in the terms and conditions.

But yes, in general, you purchase and then choose when you want to schedule between now and Dec 31, 2015 or the EOL of the exam. All that info. is put forth on the website.