Contributor

Where can I find old versions of cloudera-quickstart-vm to download?

[ Edited ]

Cloudera Employee

Re: Where can I find old versions of cloudera-quickstart-vm to download?

Howdy,

Unfortunately, we do not offer downloads to older versions of the quickstart VM.

I actually helped someone with a similar question earlier, perhaps it could be some useful info if you're looking to spin up a test cluster. If not, let me know what your planned usage is, and we'll see what we can work out. :)

Cheers

Contributor

I have been facing some dificulties using the current quickstart VM, so I wanted to try the old versions to see if they will work correctly on my computer
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm also looking for old versions of quickstart. My company develops software that communicates with Hadoop systems but has extremely limited access to the customer's site. This makes support difficult and "plan B" impossible.

We've had particular problems supporting someone still running 5.3 - they plan to migrate to 5.8 but for now they're still on 5.3. We're still developing our hadoop skills so it's hard to tell what's due to our ignorance, what's due to assumptions based on our experience with more recent versions of Cloudera, and what's due to the customer potentially having an unusual setup.

Other customers are running CDH 5.5 and later. We're running 5.7 internally and I have an Cloudera Express 5.8 system running.

Cloudera Express looks like it will be an excellent solution for us - we can use it to duplicate the customer's setup (but not data) and be able to run integration tests against more than the version used by our Big Data team. What are our options?

(Note: this account uses my personal email since I'm also taking various Coursera cloud computing classes. I can give you contact information for my employer via email.)

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi

I am planning to appear for CCA 175 exam and it looks like the exam uses 5.10 with spark 1.6 .

where can i download the quickstart VM 5.10 ?

I dont see it anywhere in cloudera site .

Announcements