New Contributor

is the cloudera administrator training content and syllabus aligned for taking the CCA 131 exam

is the cloudera administrator training content and syllabus aligned for taking the CCA 131 exam .In other words if I undertake the cloudera administrator training would it cover the exact  CCA 131 exam objectives as per the below.

https://www.cloudera.com/more/training/certification/cca-admin.html

If not what would be the ideal preparation for taking up the CCA 131 exam from a beginner's perspective.Kindly share your thoughts.

New Contributor

Re: is the cloudera administrator training content and syllabus aligned for taking the CCA 131 exam

Can anyone help me with this @cjervis

Kudos: 98
Solutions: 52

Re: is the cloudera administrator training content and syllabus aligned for taking the CCA 131 exam

If you look at the CCA Administrator Exam (CCA131) page on Cloudera.com, you will find the following information that addresses your question. 

Audience and Prerequisites

There are no prerequisites for taking any Cloudera certification exam; however, a background in system administration, or equivalent training is strongly recommended. The CCA Administrator exam (CCA131) follows the same objectives as Cloudera Administrator Training and the training course is an excellent part of preparation for the exam.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

Thanks Jervis . A few more questions if you don't mind 1. when you said a background in system administration did you refer Linux administration or cloudera administration 2.Having been a cloudera administrator batch participant I had tried to match the exam objectives one by one to training content and its exercises. I could match exactly a few but there were some topics which were part only of CCA 131 objectives .I can give some samples which I do not want share in public forum .I am not saying this was not covered in the curriculum but is this exam only for those who have cloudera administration experience and not just trained ? 3.In the exam are we allowed to perform the installation of services via cloudera manager or would it have to be done through command line interface.
New Contributor

@cjervis any chance to see my query.

Kudos: 98
Solutions: 52

I have contacted the certification team for clarification and await their reply. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Cloudera Employee

Cloudera courses give you background and information to be successful at a particular job role. Certification exams attempt to test your skills at a particular job role. The testing objectives on the exams are similar to the learning objectives in the course.

However, Cloudera training courses are not "prep courses" for the exam. There is not always a 1-to-1 correlation between presented materials/exercises and the exam. Suggested prerequisite training courses for our exams do NOT guarantee a passing score and are NOT be considered the only preparation required to successfully complete the exam. Since the exam webpages give you explicit required skills that will be tested, I would suggest that candidates practice those skills outside of the classroom experience before taking any exams.

More specifically, for this exam.

1) Should I have Linux or Cloudera administration experience? Yes, and yes.

2) CM or command-line? Cloudera Manager is provided during the CCA131 exam so you may use either.

Announcements