Cloudera Employee

Re: Authentication token expired at impala coordinators after Kudu restart

Thank you for the update.

As I understand the logs doesn't contain messages on failure to re-acquire authn token, and authn tokens were successfully re-acquired some time before the error referenced in the first post.

Two more questions:

1. How far the timestamp referenced in the very fist post was from the time when Impala was unable to launch a query?
    I0503 09:29:01.528237 42404 client-internal.cc:283] Unable to determine the new leader Master: Not authorized: Client connection negotiation failed: client connection to <Kudu_leader_IP>:7051: FATAL_INVALID_AUTHENTICATION_TOKEN: Not authorized: authentication token expired
  2. What was the error message output to the user (if any), when Impala was unable to launch the query?

I might be wrong, but those messages about expired authn tokens might be a red herring.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Authentication token expired at impala coordinators after Kudu restart

Unfortunately, the logrotation policies have just removed the logs for the case in the first post.

Are there any ideas/suggestions based on difference in table types - external and not? Both were based on Kudu, but external continued to work properly.

Announcements