Highlighted
ak1
New Contributor

Create table as select pauses rest of script in Hue Impala

[ Edited ]

Untitled2.png

Hey there,

I've encoutered an issue when creating CTAS tables in Hue Impala, it pauses the rest of the script so that I have to manually push it along.   

If I run the statement highlighted in black, it shows the number of rows inserted as 1, but waits for me to click the play icon to finish the script.  

On the other hand, if I create a table the default way (specifying columns and data types) with a seperate statement to insert rows it doesn't print how many rows were inserted and proceeds along the script normally.  

Does anyone know how to get past this issue?  Can we suppress the results tab or run this in batch mode?

This behavior seems evident in cloudera's documentation under the CTAS section but no mention of an option on controling it:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-12-x/topics/impala_create_table.html

ak1
New Contributor

Re: Create table as select pauses rest of script in Hue Impala

I'm using create views in place of intermediate create table statements and now it behaves like I want.  The only create table statement I have is at the bottom of the script.

Announcements