Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impala "Rows available" in Query Timeline

Contributor

Hi All,

1. What is "Rows available" in Query Timeline of Impala query mean? what is Impala doing at this stage?

2. Is there a place where I can find an explanation of all the query profile metrics?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi @hores

1- You are welcome.
2- Unfortunaly, I do a lot of searchs and it seems like there is no more depth explications about the queries profile metrics. What I advice you is when do you have a problem to understand one of it, try to communicate it with the community to get more explanations.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Hi @hores

1- I thing "Rows available" time, is the time that impala taked to execute the query and prepare the results to be fetched, it's just before "First row fetched".

2- May be this link about Monitoring Impala Queries can help you.

Contributor

HI @AcharkiMed,

1. Thanks!

2. Thanks, but all the explanations in the link you sent I get  when hovering with the mouse over the metrics,

but I was asking about the metrics in Query Fragments section in Impala Cloudera .

Master Collaborator

Hi @hores

1- You are welcome.
2- Unfortunaly, I do a lot of searchs and it seems like there is no more depth explications about the queries profile metrics. What I advice you is when do you have a problem to understand one of it, try to communicate it with the community to get more explanations.

Good luck.

New Contributor
The problem we have is in "Last row fetched", it is the longest time to execute a query. This slows down response times. Can you help us with some information to optimize these times.

For example:

Rows available: 510ms (499ms)
First row fetched: 1.97s (1.46s)
Last row fetched: 1.97s (57.35us)

we have Impala version 2.12. cdh5.16.2