Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a REST health check for the impala daemons

I'm looking for a REST call to perform a health check on my Impala daemons thru an F5 VIP. I was looking at the docs for Cloudera and I didn't quite find what I'm looking for, although this link is close to what I'm looking for. It refers to an Impala daemon host health check returning true or false. However, it doesn't tell me if it's a REST call or API call to access this check.

Does anyone know how I can access this check thru an F5? If this isn't the health check I'm looking for, can someone tell me where to find it?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
Hi,

That link contains the settings provided by Cloudera Manager to monitor impala services, I do not think that's what you are looking for. They are specific to Cloudera Manager, not part of Impala.

Cloudera Manager internally queries this page provided by Impala daemon host:

http://<impala-daemon-url>:25000/inflight_query_ids

to determine if the impala is responding to requests. This page will return a list of query IDs that is inflight. How long it takes to get a response and how many queries are running at a time, could give you some indication of the health of the impala daemon.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
Hi,

That link contains the settings provided by Cloudera Manager to monitor impala services, I do not think that's what you are looking for. They are specific to Cloudera Manager, not part of Impala.

Cloudera Manager internally queries this page provided by Impala daemon host:

http://<impala-daemon-url>:25000/inflight_query_ids

to determine if the impala is responding to requests. This page will return a list of query IDs that is inflight. How long it takes to get a response and how many queries are running at a time, could give you some indication of the health of the impala daemon.

Hope this helps.

Excellent, I think this is it.  I'm testing it out right now so I might be a little premature in celebrating but it seems to be working out right now.  Thanks again for the tip!