Explorer

Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Can Impala support featrue which like hiveserver doAs?

OS User test to create a table using impala. And I find that table on hdfs directory is owned by Impala:Impala . But when I use hive, the hdfs directory of table is owned by test.

I found this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-2177

It seems like impala cannot support this feature , so How can I deal with it ?

Thanks!

Expert Contributor

Re: Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

Hi @Mobula,

Is the table created by the hive or Impala ? and what do you want to do exactly by removing a table only from impala (remove only the schema!)
Also, did you try the external tables?

Good luck.

Explorer

Re: Is there any Impala SQL command which can remove table from Impala, not from Hive?

For example, My hive set doAs true,and I create a table using impala, so the owner of hdfs directory of this table is impala, now , I want to insert data into this table using hive, it will returns error, hdfs permission denied . How can i deal with it.
And I don't want to chown this hdfs directory .
Thanks
Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Mobula

I think you must not change owner everytime, you can do chown to the hdfs directory one time in the begining and it will work.

sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfs -chown hive:impala /your_directory
Announcements