New Contributor

Java Exception when issuing a "Show Partitions command"

[ Edited ]

Hey Community,

We are using a couple CDH clusters for our BI platform. Unfortunatley, in our setup there are too many parquet files being generated that aren't anywhere near their capacity so we have a consolidation script that creats a temp table, then overwrites the original table in order to "consolidate"/merge the parquet files.

Unfortunatley we waited a bit too long to run the script (we currently don't have authorization to run it automatically) and while it's successfully able to consolidate 99% of the tables, there's one table that is causing me grief.

Whenever we run the SHOW PARTITIONS humongousTable command, we get the following exception:

ERROR: AnalysisException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
CAUSED BY: ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
CAUSED BY: OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
CAUSED BY: TableLoadingException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
CAUSED BY: ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
CAUSED BY: OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

I'm fairly new to cloudera and didn't configure this environment, any advice on how I can remedy this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Announcements