Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ODBC connection to Impala failing. Error from the Impala Thrift API: connect() failed: errno = 10060

New Contributor

Hi,

We are trying to set up ODBC connection to Impala on our Windows laptops. However, we keep getting an error:

[Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: connect() failed: errno = 10060

Unfortunately, our team didn't set up the CDH nor are we experts in this area, but we do have access to Cloudera manager and HUE. So we  are hoping that you can help us out:

1. Which IP should be used as a host? Should it be the IP where Hue and Cloudera Manager are installed? Or the IP of one of the Impala Deamons?
  2. Should the port for Impala Deamon HiveServer2 be used?
  3. Which authentication mechanism should we use? Where in Cloudera manager/or hue can we find this out? In order to log in to HUE we use username and password, should the same be used when setting up ODBC?
  4. What about SSL? How should I set up SSL Options? Again, can I find this somewhere in Hue or Cloudera Manager?
  5. Is there anything else that we should be doing?
1 REPLY 1

Champion
1. I needs to be on of the Impala daemons. They will act as the connection manager, coordinator, and still execute queries.
2. The Impala daemon has its own ports and it has one specifically for clients like the impala-shell and ones coming over ODBC and JDBC. The latter should be 21050, by default.
3. CM and HUE have they own backend authentication that can be separate than CDH. Use the auth. mech. to match CDH.
4. SSL is only needed if Impala is configured to use SSL.

Since you have CM access, you should be able to review the CM configs. I don't have the specific settings on hand but search for anything related to SSL, TLS, or Kerberos. You can also verify the port and the hostnames of the Impala daemons.