08-03-2018 06:16 AM
I have a working (for some months) Java UDF for Impala. The CDH cluster I am working has 4 Impala Daemons. Today, this UDF behaved very strange after a DROP & CREATE:
1. From HUE (Impala) the CREATE FUNCTION succeeded and SHOW FUNCTIONS reported the right signature.
2. Then, from impala-shell I tried call the function but I got an ImpalaRuntimeException:
ImpalaRuntimeException: Unable to find evaluate function with the correct signature: my.UDF.PhonemesIndex.evaluate(STRING, STRING, STRING, STRING, BOOLEAN)
3. Then, I logged in Hue and tested the same SQL query, which returned "1" as expected.
After several tries, I finally figured that if I connect with impala-shell -i to a different daemon, the function works as expected!
Any ideas why is this happening? It is the first time I am coming across with such an issue.
08-04-2018 06:08 PM
What version of Impala are you using?
Are all impalad's configured as both executors and coordinators or are some configured as only coordinators or only executors?
08-22-2018 12:38 AM
- Impala Shell v2.8.0-cdh5.11.0
- Cloudera Enterprise 5.14.4 (this should be bundled with Impala 2.11.x - how can I check?)
There is no special configuration for (all) impalad, though they belong to different Role Groups but only for resource allocation purposes (there is no special value in " Impala Command Line Argument Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve)")