Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

obtain error while connecting to Impala via Power Query

New Contributor

I am trying connecting to Database using Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala by a connection string runing in Power Query, however it does not work, my connection string like follow

DRIVER={Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala};Host=192.168.123.14;Port=21050;Schema=default;DefaultTable=default;AuthMech=0;TrustedCerts=C:\Program Files\Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala\lib\cacerts.pem;

,and the like follow

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (110) Error while executing a query in Impala: [HY000] : Error: Error: could not match input

Message=ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][ImpalaODBC] (110) Error while executing a query in Impala: [HY000] : Error: Error: could not match input ErrorCode=-2146232009.

Can someone help me to revise it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The error sounds like the ODBC connection was successful, but the Impala query failed to parse.

A common issue is sending a SQL string that is terminated by a semicolon. Impala cannot parse such a query. Remove the trailing semicolon to make it work.

Future versions of Impala will also accept a trailing semicolon.

Let me know if this olves ths issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The error sounds like the ODBC connection was successful, but the Impala query failed to parse.

A common issue is sending a SQL string that is terminated by a semicolon. Impala cannot parse such a query. Remove the trailing semicolon to make it work.

Future versions of Impala will also accept a trailing semicolon.

Let me know if this olves ths issue

New Contributor

Thanks for you kindly help, it works!