Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Can't download Cloudera Express (Form submission fails)

Explorer

When I try to download some of the protected stuff, such as Cloudera Express or Quickstart VM, I have to submit some form. The thing is form submission is broken due to the absence of some geoplugin. More details on the attached image (I erased unnecessary info). Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Failed form submission

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I tried again today, and now I was able to submit the form and download Cloudera Manager and Quickstart VM. Then I logged in, and still was able to submit the form. I noticed that the form has changed since the last time I saw it, so the bug might have been fixed.

Anyway, my problem has been solved. Thanks for your help, jkestelyn!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Master Collaborator

Thank you for reporting this - we're investigating!

Master Collaborator

Please logout of cloudera.com, log back in, and then retry.

Explorer
Thanks for the prompt reply!
I did exactly as you said, but unfortunately had the same error.

Master Collaborator

Sorry about that. You know you can skip the form, right?

Explorer

I would like to, but unfortunately I don't see how. When I click "Download Cloudera Express" the form appears (image in attachment). I don't see any "skip" button, and if I click outside of the form it just disappears and download doesn't' start.

So, I would be really glad if you could point me a way to skip the form.

Screenshot 2014-08-05 00.01.51.png

Master Collaborator

What is the URL you are using for the download?

Explorer

Master Collaborator
OK, have you tried to log out and THEN complete the form?

Explorer

I tried again today, and now I was able to submit the form and download Cloudera Manager and Quickstart VM. Then I logged in, and still was able to submit the form. I noticed that the form has changed since the last time I saw it, so the bug might have been fixed.

Anyway, my problem has been solved. Thanks for your help, jkestelyn!