Topics: 3
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 54

Re: How can we better serve you with this community?

Why does the search have KB and Community as different options? I would want to search both if I had an issue and was trying to see if others had encountered and fixed it already.
Topics: 3
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 54

Last one for the night, I swear, I see that there is an 'insert code' option but I don't see it used often enough. Is there a way to remind the user prior to posting that they could use the feature? Or on the users first post give a tooltip?

Along the lines of helping post be more readable and constructive, the guidelines state to provide as much context as possible but I think there should be some way to encourage or discourage not providing context. Too often not enough information is provided and that is the first response. Sometimes the OP does not know where to find it and maybe we need more KBs on how to do that. I think items like CDH version and Service could be made mandatory depending on the topic/tag assigned.
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 30

Thank you for the feedback @mbigelow. This is just the kind of verification we need to back up our own thoughts on improving the community. While I cannot promise all the items on your list will come to fruition, they will be considered. For example, separated search is due to the platform that underlies the community. 

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Highlighted
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 30

I should have clarified a little bit more on the search. When you use the search for the community it provides both forum and Community Knowledge articles that match the terms. The seperator is for if you want to look at just the knowledge articles. You can see the icons next to the search results for both kinds of content in the screen shot below.

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.41.44 AM.png

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements