Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hello guys,

I was working as a software engineer for the past 4 years, Basically I'm Front End Java developer.I changed of compagny recently and now I'm led to work on big data technologies and it's not so easy.

Since i integrated my new job (2 Month ago),i'm working in hadoop tools (Sqoop, Hue, Hive, HBase, Flume, Spark...) on cloudera distribution.

First i was really struggled to survive in hadoop environment  but now i'm strating to get use to it :)

I hope to see you around

Michenaud Sebastian

Kudos: 54
Solutions: 28

Welcome to the community @bilginozturk34@vlad123 and @SebastianFr. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Explorer

plandis

Hi,

I'm currently working as a data engineer on an Analytics use case and we picked Cloudera as our Hadoop stack. I have started my career as a C++/Java developer and then moved into the data warehouse / data integration space. I've dabbled a little in Big Insights with some real small projects using sqoop, hive, big SQL, and pig. I'm quite new to the Cloudera stack and excited on the learning opportunities.

Regards,
Peter Landis

peterlandis.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-landis/2/b07/563
New Contributor

Hi, I'm David B. originally from Venezuela, currently living in Chile. I recently started to work with Cloudera Hadoop, I've been working with everything related to Linux/Unix OS software, networking, DBs, storage, virtualization and cloud... so for the past two weeks I've been learning as much as possible about hadoop, thanks to my new job, hopefully I'll get to where most of you are at the momment in terms of knowledge and/or even further.

Nice to meet you all !!

Cloudera Employee

I'm work at Cloudera as an SDR. I help enterprise companies explore explore the possiblities of Hadoop and tell them about the features of Cloudera that can help them acheive their short-term and long term goals. 

New Contributor

Good Day ! 

I am Derez , A  seasoned Mainframe Programmer Analyst. I've been on the Mainframe for over 30 years. As technology is changing, I am now studying BIG DATA Hadoop. Not ready to retire just yet.  I live in the Chicago area but my home town is Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  

Hi,

I come from the MSP world where we manage small to mid size businesses. 

Super eager to start working with this as we have a ton of info and stats that we gather on our network that we are just not putting to use

Thanks,
Eric

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last 15 years , I been Working on Microsoft Products as Databse Developer and Data Architect. Currently due to changing Technology Trend and Growth in Data, my interest started moving towards hadoop. .I became 

more excited about the  hadoop architecture .

When i am not working , Myself and my wife work on our Yard. we Love our Garden . Like to Travel .

you can find me here on linkedin

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

My name is Steve I am an Oracle DBA who is getting to grips(well trying) with Hadoop. 

I work for a Bank and we have just installed 2x11 node clusters and I am looking to build a team to support it.

I am also trying to understand data loading and ETL processes using the hadoop tools like sqoop

Announcements