New Contributor

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi.
I'm starting to figure out what Big Data with Cloudera would be like.
I've started a small 10 nodes cluster in ESXi environment to start this journey.
Of course i'm having some problems as anyone facing with something new and complex.

My background is in UNIX / Oracle environments since 1999.

Now I'm ready for the big step !

Ciao!
New Contributor

Hi i am new here and wanted to know how to ask a question?

New Contributor

Hello, I am Rafi Sheikh, a beginner at Hadoop usage.  My day to day role is SAS administrator.  The majority of my work is setting up SAS server as a client to Hadoop cluster.  To understand the difficulties or nuances, I have installed CDH 5.5 in our lab (Kerberos enabled).  Currently struggling to get the XML, JAR files needed to connect to Hadoop (Cloudera Quickstart).  On other note, I am house broken and human to 3 cats; Hunter, Amber, and Puma. Love travel.  (Plz be gentle when I ask dumb Hadoop questions, I am sure I will ask many).  Cheers!

Visitor

Hello,

Im a Data Analysis with 9 years experience, now a student of Data Science, and trying to use pyspark in Cloudera.

Have had many difficulties to upgrade the Spark version in Cloudera, Im following all help I find online but no success.

Would like some support to achieve this.

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 35

A hearty welcome to our recent new members. 

@LearningPyspark I think our Spark board will be the right place to start your search for answers. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

I'm a C++/C# programmer interested in Hadoop and development withing the Big Data ecosystem. In order to get started I am attempting to set up a training cluster on some commodity hardware I have idle on my home network:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Hadoop-101-Training-Quickstart/Learning-Hadoop-can-I-set-up-a-trai...

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello Folks,

My name is Prem and I work for State Street.

A backend architect on java/ various dbs for the past 2 decades, I am new to the hadoop world, and looking forward to learning from you awesome folks!

Explorer

Hi All,

My name is Anna and my experience is working on Business Intelligence sofware (MicroStrategy and Oracle BI) as frontend and backend developer. I also have experience in ETL mainly with Informatica.

I would like to get involved in Hadoop projects so I would like to start with getting my own environment :) if anyone could take a look on my first question I would appreciate it: http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/Cloudera-Manager-or-QuickStart-vm/td-...

Thank you! :)

Anna

Announcements