New Contributor

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi.
I'm starting to figure out what Big Data with Cloudera would be like.
I've started a small 10 nodes cluster in ESXi environment to start this journey.
Of course i'm having some problems as anyone facing with something new and complex.

My background is in UNIX / Oracle environments since 1999.

Now I'm ready for the big step !

Ciao!
New Contributor

Hi i am new here and wanted to know how to ask a question?

New Contributor

Hello, I am Rafi Sheikh, a beginner at Hadoop usage.  My day to day role is SAS administrator.  The majority of my work is setting up SAS server as a client to Hadoop cluster.  To understand the difficulties or nuances, I have installed CDH 5.5 in our lab (Kerberos enabled).  Currently struggling to get the XML, JAR files needed to connect to Hadoop (Cloudera Quickstart).  On other note, I am house broken and human to 3 cats; Hunter, Amber, and Puma. Love travel.  (Plz be gentle when I ask dumb Hadoop questions, I am sure I will ask many).  Cheers!

Visitor

Hello,

Im a Data Analysis with 9 years experience, now a student of Data Science, and trying to use pyspark in Cloudera.

Have had many difficulties to upgrade the Spark version in Cloudera, Im following all help I find online but no success.

Would like some support to achieve this.

Kudos: 64
Solutions: 33

A hearty welcome to our recent new members. 

@LearningPyspark I think our Spark board will be the right place to start your search for answers. 

Cy Jervis, Community Manager - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

I'm a C++/C# programmer interested in Hadoop and development withing the Big Data ecosystem. In order to get started I am attempting to set up a training cluster on some commodity hardware I have idle on my home network:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Hadoop-101-Training-Quickstart/Learning-Hadoop-can-I-set-up-a-trai...

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Visitor

Hello Folks,

My name is Prem and I work for State Street.

A backend architect on java/ various dbs for the past 2 decades, I am new to the hadoop world, and looking forward to learning from you awesome folks!

Announcements