Kudos: 102
Solutions: 54

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Welcome to the community @cdhDev and thank you for the opportunity to address your concern. We actually have an article on the community that explains CDH components versions compared with Hortonworks. The version numbers alone do not tell the complete story of what is in a release.

I hope the article helps alleviate some of your concern.   

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

I like to think of myself and an information guy. I started with Informix back in the day and started working with tools like crystal reports before moving to cognos and SAS.

I realised that the delivery of information was always critically pinned to the underlying data and inputs so I kept going back to the data, I became and Oracle DBA for a while before brushing up on programming and getting into Java.

I always liked open source and worked for a while on alot of open source-based tools like Jaspersoft and Talend before moving into Apache Spark and discovering "big data". 

Today I'm enjoying the wold of Cloudera bringing all the tools I like together and making it quicker and easier to bring data in and make information available to the people that need it.

I am active int he Melbourne Java User Group and feel engaged in the Melbourne Scala Group as well. I have done a range of projects in Python and R which are both great languages, but the JVM feels like home.

New Contributor

Hi there!

Feels great to be party of the mighty Cloudera! here's my quick intro:

Qualification : Bachelor of Engineering(Chennai|India)

IT Industry Experience : 5.4 years as of September 2018

Areas of Interest : Big Data Engineering & solutions

Skillset : HDFS, MR, Pig, HIve, Kafka, Storm, Hbase, Spark

Curent Role : Technology Analyst @ Infosys Limited

Delivered 2 enterprise projects so far using BD techs,

1. System to generate Purchase Pattern & Fraud Detection reports for a Retail Client using Hive for analysis, Hbase for data enhancement, Sqoop for report export and Oozie for scheduling

2. Taxation portal of a country - used Kafka Cluster messaging, Storm processing and Hbase as tech stack.

Hobbies:

1. Exploring the processing & analystical features of various BD techs.

2. Reading, Travelling & Tri-athlete.

3. Developing miscellaneous apps on Android Studio

zbz
Explorer

[ Edited ]

大家好,我来自中国。刚接触hadoop两年时间。主要负责大数据集群的运维工作。欢迎多多交流。

Kudos: 102
Solutions: 54

Welcome @zbz,

Since this is an english speaking forum, allow me to post the translation of your message. Hopefully google got it right. 

@zbz wrote:

Hello everyone, I am from China. Just contacted hadoop for two years. Mainly responsible for the operation and maintenance of big data clusters. Welcome a lot of exchanges.

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements