Topics: 51
Kudos: 75
Solutions: 48

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

@xylenet, it just so happens that we just published a KB article about How to Schedule Impala Jobs with Oozie.

I hope it helps, would love your comments on the article.

Regards,

Clint

@LC, glad to have you in our community and welcome to the big world of big data!  I actually spent several of my early years in my IT career at Nortel Networks up in Dallas, telecom is a fast-moving industry!

Best of luck,

Clint

Visitor

Hello Everyone!!

I am Swamy Kulkarni working as Product Manager in Thomson Reuters. I have been into data warehouse/data management domain for over 10 years, initially within personal finance and then mostly into Capital Markets (Market Data) space. My technical expertise has been with data modeling and SQL queries. I am primarily a product person focussing on management side of it.

And right now (quite laboriously) I getting hands on with Cloudera/Spark to figure out if some of our structured/time series data management problems/needs can be defined as 'our' big data problem and how Cloudera can solve it.

Looking forward to an interactive journey in this community.

Regards
Swamy

Welcome to our community, Swamy!  Best of luck on your big data adventure, we're sure you'll find the assistance you need here.

Clint

Explorer

Hi All,

I am Bhaskar Singhal, working with HP in Bangalore, India.

I have been working mainly in the storage domain, developing/architecting storage servers and data management applications.

Lately I am spending considerable time in cloud computing, columnar data stores etc and have just started exploring kudu and impala on kudu.

Regards,

Bhaskar

Explorer

Cloudera admin

Hi All,

I am new to this portal and looking forward to gain from here. 

Thanks

Krishna

Re: Cloudera admin

@Bsinghal and @TheKishore432, welcome to our community!  I'm sure you'll find the assistance and interaction you are seeking here.

Regards,

Clint

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new in Cloudera world.
I got in touch with Cloudera's world during an Hadoop course based on Cloudera VM, which was offered by my Company (Engineering SpA, Italy).
I am a physicist: driven by my PhD in particle physics, I approached the world of big data and data mining techninques (a quite
familiar environement for those having working in particle physics, indeed..). In particular, recently I was engaged in projects for data mining
for a medical research center.
My interests span over books, history of science, knowledge and philosphy. I am a passionate runner and cyclist.
Excited to learn more and understand how data may change lives in better!

Regards,

Linkedin Profile

Michele.

AK

15+ years of relevant experience with leading IT organizations & Global CSPs in Solution Design, Consulting, Pre Sales and Delivery topped up with technical, analytical and financial proficiency, will align with the requirements of your organization’s goals & Objectives.

Currently working with Tech Mahindra Limited, India as Principal Solution Architect – DSS & BSS. In this Role, I drive the Technology Strategy for TechM in the DSS (Business Analytics) & BSS areas, creates Industry wide presence of TechM thought leadership and aligns TechM Solutions delivery to the Strategy through continuous engagement with internal stakeholders, external industry bodies and TechM’ s current and prospective Customers.

Recent offering being developed is “Network Analytics” based on TechM idecisions framework which involves Designing the Framework, defining & designing Key metrics & KPIs by linking Strategy Objectives to Business Decisions and  Operational needs, Data modeling, creating POCs and sales pitch for the solution and Customer advocacy..  Solution covers Network analytics from different perspectives like CxO views/Dashboards, Network lifecycle stages, Regulatory reporting and Strategy to Realization consulting.

Prior to this role I worked at Bharti Airtel Limited, India as Global Head - Internal Applications for India, South Asia & Africa where role was to handle Global IT Operations while delivering  seamless customer experience, quality, cost optimization and responsiveness  and ensuring highest level of service delivery  across various business units/ Across geographies.

Responsibilities included managing the Entire Business Analytics platform of 630 TB, processing 9 Bn CDRs per day, numerous Data marts & reporting systems catering to multiple departments and functions e.g. Marketing, Customer service, Sales, Finance, Pricing, Regulatory, operations Excellence etc..

Other CSPs worked for are: Vodafone Group, Telstra, Dialog, Zain Group, Maxis Group (Aircel), Telenor Group (Uninor), BSNL, MTNL, Bhutan Telecom.

Amit Kumar | Communications Vertical Group | Tech Mahindra
Kudos: 62
Solutions: 32

[ Edited ]

Welcome mgabus and AK! It is great to have such varied experience levels in the community as it helps everyone grow together. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements