Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi,

I am Sudipto Manna, working as a QA Lead. I have great zeal for learning and understanding the concepts hovering around data, which involves Data Science, big data, data analysis.

I have 5 years of experience in the field of IT and have worked as developer and analyst.

As of now worked only with RDMS and trying to get more insight into non-relational DB since big data is just about data irrespective of relational or non-relational.

I would like to know more about the various process and flows incorporated.

I am beginner in this Big Data ocean.

Regards,

Sudipto

Sudipto Manna
Explorer

Hi, I am James and I am the director of data analytics at my company.

In my past role I grew a team that eventually supported a Hadoop environment but I didn't do a lot of the hands-on work.

Now, in my new role I am having to build a team again starting from just myself and so I am having learn a lot more of those hands-on tasks.

So I'm very familiar with all the Hadoop concepts and the projects and how they work but I'm a novice execution of a lot of what I'm building.

I'm using Hadoop to ingest data from transactional systems through Sqoop and also from flat files, process it with Hive, and then Qlik (our BI tool) pulls slices of the data in through Impala.

Everything is sceheduled through Oozie.

I came to this community for the first time looking for answers on scheduling SSH actions with Oozie.

I've used it to schedule Sqoop & Hive actions but am having trouble executing a bash script for me.

Hopefully I can get some help from the community and as I get better I can contribute back to it.

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 29

[ Edited ]

Great to have you here James and Data!

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Visitor

Howdy, folks!  My name is Ben Wilson, and I am a leader in a technology firm that focuses on data and how to help our clients leverage data for competitive advantage in their organization.  

My work history is with Cognos, IBM and Ernst & Young, and a couple of other stops in-between.  I have been educating myself recently on the Hadoop platform/ecosystem and learning

as much as I can about use cases that would benefit my clients.

While I will not be one of the more technical participants on these boards, I do have somewhat of a unique skill set in that I can competently work with both IT and The Business, in most

cases straddling both, to help foster improvement through the adoption of data-related technologies.

I am an avid Mountain Biker, enjoy live music, and I am an astronomy nerd.

Topics: 51
Kudos: 75
Solutions: 48

Glad to have you, Ben!  Thanks for joining our community!  I'm an avid mountain biker myself, although I'm pretty new to the sport (only a couple years).

Hi,

I come from Albania, but I live in Milan (Italy) since 2002.

Currently I work as a Advanced System Engineer for an Italian company which deals with IT transformation and digital services.

I often try new tools and models of organizations and then I think how to evolute existing systems or whole businesses.

My interests are cloud computing and data analysis...

Skender

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am Dinesh Kumar from Bangalore, India. I work for a American Multinational company. I have experience in Windows administration, Cognos Administration and Veritas Netbackup. Recentl got into the role of Hadoop Infrastructure. I handle a Technical Infrastructure team consisting of Cognos, BOBJ, Tableau, Teradata, MDM and now Hadoop. Been learning recently and trying to gather knowledge as quickly as I can. Been in touch with Hadoop for a few months now and am pretty excited about it. hope i will be able to gather knowledge and contribute suggestions here in this community. Thanks all.

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar S

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 29

It is great to have you here Dinesh and Skender. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Visitor

Hello, My name is Shamika and I am an Instrumentation Engineer. I have 11 years of experience in Building Automation/Control systems domain.

I have a strong understanding and experience of the entire project lifecycle from requirements analysis, hardware design, software programming, testing & generation of databases.

In doing so, I have gained solid experience in SQL and C++ & communication protocols like bacnet ms/tp, zigbee.

In my 11 years of career I have got the opportunity to work on some of the best facilities around the world and with some very knowledgable experts.

Data analysis & DW is very nascent in Building Automation domain. At the same time, it a very important aspect of how we can make our facilities more energy and cost efficient.

A building system generates large amount of useful data which has not been leveraged in entirety due to the complexity of data and equipments. It will be interesting to know how big data analytics can be applied to it to make useful business and environmental friendly decisions.

My past few years experience has been specifically in ETL/DW & I am currently planning to enroll in the big data analyst course to gain some more useful insights and skills through it.

I love to read, walk, cook and watch movies. I look forward to interacting with the wonderful cloudera community!!

Topics: 51
Kudos: 75
Solutions: 48

Welcome to your new community for big data analytics, Shamika!  :)  We are glad to have you.  That is some impressive experience you have and the stuff you mention falls directly in the realm of what our products help people do.  Your use case, in fact, reminds me of a talk we just hosted at a local Cloudera User Group meetup in Austin.  Here's a link to that presentation, in case it's of interest:

IoT with Spark Streaming

Regards,

Clint

Announcements