Contributor

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi guys,

My name is Tarek Abouzeid , i am currently working in SaudiArabia as Big data engineer for Ejada Systems Ltd. , we mainly focus on delivering big data solutions to Banking and Telecom enterprise , my team's main target is finding real life use cases from our customers pain points and try to solve them using the big data technology , currently i am working on the following :
1- Spark (using scala , for complex event processing and ETL )

2- Solr (implementing end-to-end solutions based on solr engine)

cloudera's community helped me alot along the past year to solve many problems and learn more about big data , thanks everyone . 

hi..

I am a sales executive and want to shift my career in hadoop.so help me out and give some information that i can follow to get a good knowledge and got a job.

Explorer

Hi Clint,

I have done My Masters in Computer science from India. I started working in cloud(hadoop) in 2011. I have devloped a project using Hadoop( "Iris REcognition on Hadoop: A biometric system implemetation on Cloud Computing") and also published an IEEE paper, based on this work.  After that I did some other research work on other cloud issues also like speculative execution etc. My main expereince is from academic background, but now I want to switch my carrer in Big Data. During this duration I have now all over knowledge of Hadoop eco system. 

Few months back I am moved to US. Now I am planning to appear for cloudera certification exams (CCA 175, cloudera apache spark and hadoop developer). I hope it will help me to enter in this field.

I will be really thankful to you if you have any suggestions or guidelines for me.

Thanks 

Shelly

Contributor

I was an Oracle DBA for about 19 years (10 years in the Oil & Gas industry, 4 years in the Finance industry and 5 years in the Telecommunications industry).

Experience with Oracle 8 through 12 on UNIX (Solaris/Linux).   Experience with SolarisLinux/True64/AIX administration, shell scripting, application support, enterprise software.  

I joined Contexti in June 2015 (as a Platform Engineer for our Big Data Platforms running Cloudera CDH).

I now work with CDH, Hue, Hive, Pig, Oozie and the myriad of Amazon Services (EC2, EMR, S3, SNS etc).

When I'm not working, I enjoy family life (Married with 2 young kids under 10).

I used to enjoy mountain biking, road cycling, running and swimming (but my kids have almost out an end to that).

:-)

Instead we now enjoy camping, fishing and PlayStation 4.

Topics: 51
Kudos: 75
Solutions: 49

Hello @aragan0000@fnushelly, and @ozzielabrat, welcome to our community!

We are glad to have you all here and we know you'll find plenty of peers in this industry ready to assist you in your new adventures in big data.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Group,

I am Krishna. I have over 11 years of consulting experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics.

At present, I am co-founder, managing partner and consultant at Hitaay Consulting Pvt. Ltd., India.

Hitaay Consulting Pvt. Ltd. is a Business Intelligence and Analytics consulting and service enterprise which operates from India and Romania. We have started working in Big Data technology from 2015.

As a part of Cloudera Community, I look forward to contributing and honing towards Big Data and Cloudera technologies expertise. 

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Krishna

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm Prashant, having 4 years of experience in shell scripting, ETL tool, db2 database. I am working in big data from past 6 months on hive, impala, HUE.

I want to get certified in CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer Exam (CCA175).
I have a hadoop cluster installed in my office with cloudera(hive, impala, pig, sqoop, spark, oozie etc.)

Don't have knowledge/experience on Java/MR, really confused how to start preparing for this certification.

Can someone please give me some direction.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Hi Prashant,

One of the best way to prepare for CCA175 certification is undergoing 4 days - Cloudera Developer training offered by Cloudera and its traning partners.

This is a very comprehensive training program and probably prerequisite for taking up CCA175 certification.

In addtion to this training, you require either at least 1 month of hands on training (depending upon your CDH expertise) or atleast one end-to-end Big Data implemeation experience. 

Your prepration should be more focused towards HDFS, Spark, Sqoop, Impala and Hive.

And lastly, this 120 mins Cloudera certification are more focused towards hands on experience than theory.

Therefore, more your practice, better your changes are for clearing this certification.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck for your prepration and certification test.

Cheers,

Krishna

New Contributor

Thanks Krishna.

I have one more query. Since i am from Data warehousing background with very less knowledge of Java, so i am finding it difficult to write map-reduce jobs in java.

Do they check java programming for MR jobs in this exam ?

For spark - Can you please suggest any online MOOC training/book to start it ?

Cloudera Developer training are out of budget for me.

Thank you.

Topics: 51
Kudos: 75
Solutions: 49

@pk132007 and @Hitaay, welcome to you both!  We're glad to have you join our community.

Announcements