New Contributor

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi Prashant,

While it's always recommended to have a good knowledge of Java programming because MR low level programming will become easy for you.

You can code MR in other programming languages such as Python, however, this will add an extra layer of interpreter which is not very helpful for performance.

On CCA175 certification front, your Java programming expertise is not evaluated. You are provided selection option for tool sets based on which you can answer the certification questions.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Krishna

I am working as an Hadoop Administrator for the past 2.5 years, Basically i am a Teradata Administrator. one of our important client request for BigData solution for processing more than 100 Million CSV records, so i entered into Big data world (REALLY BIG WORLD) and  I am still learning like student :)

Once we are entered into BIG data world we can't able to skip the Hadoop. so i am working for past 2.5 years in hadoop tools (Hue, Hive, HBase, PIG, Map-Reduce, Sqoop,kafka,Storm etc...).

Initially i am really struggled to survive in hadoop environment (New tools including JAVA) but now i am really happy to here (community) i am learning as well as waiting for the big future too.

I am very passionate to play cricket.

Explorer

To introduce myself:
have over 18 years of experience In Information Architecture, Data/Data warehouse Architect (OLTP and OLAP), Data modeling and governance, Business Intelligence design, Database Design, Database development and performance tuning, Operations & Infrastructure management, Technical Project Management
and executing POC for performance benchmarking in multi tier and multi Terabyte Data warehouse.
Experience on establishing Direction and data governance of major change program in their use of data.
I am really excited to be part of Clodera community and is privillege to interact with so many talented proessionals here. i am quite new to this group and can't wait to take deep dive into Big Data and Hadoop world and am sure to have lot of fun in future.
I love travlling, Walking, playing cricket and have passion for the community service and am associated with Non profit organization
for more than 7 years.
You can ind me in linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/deepak-lal/9/696/720

Topics: 51
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 48

@PARAMESWARA and @laldeepak, welcome to our community and the world of Hadoop!  We are very glad to have you here and I know you'll find the peer relationships and learning that you seek in the most active Hadoop community on the planet!  :-)

New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

My name is Brant.  I'm a researcher at Johns Hopkins.  My background is in biomedical research with an emphasis on machine learning and natural language processing.  I'm coming over from mostly large shared memory and MPI machines/clusters.  I do have lots of Java programming experience but most of our applications aren't Java based.  I've worked on Hadoop/Accumulo based applications before but am new to the dev ops/configuration/deployment aspects.  

I'm currently trying to get my dockerized applications deployed in hadoop streaming on one of our clusters and eventually hoping to get longer running dockerized gpu applications running in slider.  We're using docker because we can encapsulate our c++/python/etc depedencies with our programs. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am mohan ,base location is Singapore  and working with Singtel pvt limitted(Telecom company),recently joined this company as Big data architecture .Our company using cloudera 5.4 entrerprise edition .

Having 10+years experience and cloud era distribution working more  than 2 years in sizing ,storage format,data analytics .

Visitor

Hi everyone, i'm an Oracle DBA that come close to hadoop world.
I hope this community will help me in this growth !

Have a nice day.
GV
New Contributor

Hello! I'm very new to the Hadoop / Cloudera environment and hoping to learn much from this community. My career arc has been software developer, software architect, and enterprise architect working entirely in the agribusiness industry. I just started a new job and have been given the task of identifying big data use cases to drive value from our Cloudera environment. So, here we go!

Kudos: 53
Solutions: 27

Welcome to the community @dhawley@gvisci@mohanpothula and @bioguy046. It is great to see such diverse backgrounds on the community. 

Cy Jervis, Community Moderator - I'm not an expert but will supply relevant content from time to time. :)

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Explorer

Architect/Developer.  In here evaluating Cloudera and Zoomdata.   

Announcements