Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

community post limited to 100 characters ??

Contributor

I am trying to make my first post to the commmity and am limited to 100 characters in chrome, firefox and IE. 

<textarea class="lia-form-question-field-input lia-form-input-vertical" id="lia-questionField" name="questionField">Type your question here...</textarea>

That can't be right.

Thanks, Tod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

That is only a search field where you can begin typing a short description of your problem and/or keywords to see if there's already a thread in the community similar to yours.  It's like a Google search box, in effect.  As you type your problem description, it will auto-suggest matching threads in the community.  If you like one of the suggestions, you can browse to it, otherwise, it allows you to start a new thread.  When opening a new topic/thread in the community, you get presented with a rich text editor window that allows MUCH more than 100 charactors.

HTH,

Clint

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

That is only a search field where you can begin typing a short description of your problem and/or keywords to see if there's already a thread in the community similar to yours.  It's like a Google search box, in effect.  As you type your problem description, it will auto-suggest matching threads in the community.  If you like one of the suggestions, you can browse to it, otherwise, it allows you to start a new thread.  When opening a new topic/thread in the community, you get presented with a rich text editor window that allows MUCH more than 100 charactors.

HTH,

Clint

Contributor
how silly of me. thanks

Guru

No problem at all, welcome to our community!