New Contributor

Access denied to user admin on Hue for Hive Sentry authorization

Hi,

I am using Sentry on Hive for securing hive tables.
I have two users hive,admin. I am using Hue to manage permissions. I use hive user to login and create a new admin user. I give both users same permissions and add them to all groups i.e. hive and admin. Then I create two roles hive and admin and grant them all permission to read/write database/tables. 

I am able to create new tables in metastore manager in Hue through hive user but I get error in case of logging by admin user and doing same in hue. I am worndering why there are no roles found as well which I created using hive user for admin user. 

I also get error saying Access denied to user admin when I open security->hive tables by admin user.
Below are the screenshots.

Selection_001.pngSelection_002.png

Topics: 11
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 32

Re: Access denied to user admin on Hue for Hive Sentry authorization

@amkumar

The sentry will add default admin group as hive, hue etc. If you want to manage roles via your admin login then you should update your admin group in the following configuration. CM -> Sentry -> Configuration -> sentry.service.admin.group

Thanks

Kumar

New Contributor

I have already tried doing that but it worked only when I added system user to the pre-existing sentry admin group i.e. hive.

Topics: 11
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 32

@amkumar

Have you created the users/groups that you have mentioned in OS level (Linux)? if not, you have to match the Hue users/groups to OS users/groups. Pls try this

Thanks

Kumar

New Contributor

Yes, user group and user existed before adding them to sentry admin group.
New Contributor

Am also facing this issue did you got any resolution for this?

Announcements