01-11-2017 10:03 AM
Trying to enable sentry: after we set the below two settings: all of the Hive metastore is inaccessible to all users until the Sentry group resolution works correctly.?
Enabling the Sentry Service for Hive
1. Go to the Hive service.
2. Click the Configuration tab.
3. In the Service-Wide category, set the Sentry Service property to Sentry.
4. Restart the Hive service.
Enabling the Sentry Service for Impala
1. Enable the Sentry service for Hive (as instructed above).
2. Go to the Impala service.
3. Click the Configuration tab.
4. In the Service-Wide category, set the Sentry Service property to Sentry.
5. Restart Impala.
Anyone had the same issue, we are on cdh5.7.1
trying to enable sentry, kerberos is already enabled and the users are AD acct users able to login to hue or putty hdfs file system.
Thanks a lot for the helpful info.
01-11-2017 08:11 PM