Highlighted
New Contributor

MapReduce job failing - CDH with Isilon Storage

Hi I am running a simple word count job from my java program and the MR job for that is failing with the below exception:

Application application_1534489873241_0661 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1534489873241_0661_000002 exited with exitCode: -1000
For more detailed output, check application tracking page:http://****.com:8088/proxy/application_1534489873241_0661/Then, click on links to logs of each attempt.
Diagnostics: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate via:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]; Host Details : local host is: "d*.com/10.*.*.*"; destination host is: "h***.com":8020;
java.io.IOException: Failed on local exception: java.io.IOException: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate via:[TOKEN, KERBEROS]; Host Details : local host is: "d*.com/10.*.*.*"; destination host is: "h***.com":8020;
at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.wrapException(NetUtils.java:772)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1475)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1408)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:230)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)

I am using CDH with Isilon Storage. If I run a wordcount from the hadoop context like "hadoop jar hadoop-examples*.jar wordcount /foo /out" it works fine with the same user, but when I run it via my java program authenticating using

UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromKeytabAndReturnUGI(
user, keyTabPath);

its failing with the above exception. Looks like its passing the kerberos phase as its allowing me to submit the job but the MR jobs fails with AccessControlException and the reason for that is not clear, so can you guys help me out?

Announcements