New Contributor

some problem about "su hdfs" default password

hi , when i do CDH5.10-1, i facing some problems and can't understand what to do ,can anyone tell me ,please.

suppose that i am a common user (not superuser=root) , and i don't know the password about log in  root user .

my question 1 :

can i have any way to solve the proble that need me to insert the password when i use command "su hdfs",because i have no idea about the default password

my question 2 :

i do some work , and i see some people say that the default password is on purpose . because common users don't need having the permission to log in HDFS.

so , if i'm a common user called "permission", and i don't have any directory in HDFS just like the shot

image.png

but i want to create a directory just like other users ,  what can i do??

( if i use "hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/permission"  it will show permission denied)

can anyone tell me what can i do???? thx~

Topics: 8
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 19

Re: some problem about "su hdfs" default password

my question 1 :

can i have any way to solve the proble that need me to insert the password when i use command "su hdfs",because i have no idea about the default password

>> Ask your administrator. Not sure he is willing to give you that.

my question 2 :

i do some work , and i see some people say that the default password is on purpose . because common users don't need having the permission to log in HDFS.

so , if i'm a common user called "permission", and i don't have any directory in HDFS just like the shot

but i want to create a directory just like other users ,  what can i do??

>> Ask the administrator of the platform to provide you the directory with correct permission for you to be able to work in it.

Announcements