Explorer

After enabling HA for HBASE - two Masters are down, "Service Monitor did not find an active Master."

I had only one Master on Name Node 1.

HBASE was working correctly, it was green.

After that I added a backup Master to a different host (Name Node 2) than the one on which the active Master is running.

So I hade Master (Active) and Master (Backup), both are Active.

They are up and running, but after some time I see that HBASE is red, because both 2 Masters are down.

Why is this? I just added one additional role instance for Master to be on second node.

How to resolve this? If I restart them everything is up and running but after some time again they are down.

Errors which I can see are:

Master Health Suppress...
Master summary: nn1 (Availability: Unknown, Health: Bad), nn2 (Availability: Unknown, Health: Bad).

This health test is bad because the Service Monitor did not find an active Master.

This role's process exited. This role is supposed to be started.

FATAL HMaster
Unhandled exception. Starting shutdown.
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.BlockMissingException: Could not obtain block: BP-901347749-10.0.9.4-1538722352079:blk_1073741826_1002 file=/hbase/hbase.version

HMaster
Failed to become active master

WARN DFSClient
Failed to connect to /10.0.9.6:50010 for block BP-901347749-10.0.9.4-1538722352079:blk_1073741826_1002, add to deadNodes and continue.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

WARN BlockReaderFactory
I/O error constructing remote block reader.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

HBase Master Health Suppress...
Master summary: nn1 (Availability: Unknown, Health: Bad), nn2 (Availability: Unknown, Health: Bad). This health test is bad because the Service Monitor did not find an active Master.

Announcements