Explorer

CDH5.7.1 The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present warning

Hi. 

We get this warning after a upgrade to CDH5.7.1. 

"WARN [main] mapreduce.TableMapReduceUtil: The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present. Continuing without it."

Have tried to copy all <parcel>/jars/hbase-* to the folder configured in hive for the "Hive Auxiliary JARs Directory" setting in CMS. 

Kudos: 259
Solutions: 230

Re: CDH5.7.1 The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present warning

This is a harmless warning currently produced due to HBASE-15152, which will be addressed in a future release.
Backline Customer Operations Engineer
New Contributor

Re: CDH5.7.1 The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present warning

This is an issue in the following case:

in a Unix script

RET_VALUE=$(hive -e 'select single_row_single_value from table' -S)

using -S should suppress all messages (except maybe errors).  This message is not suppressed using -S, which will cause the above case to fail when RET_VALUE is used later on in the script.

New Contributor

Hi , I am also facing the same issue , did you get the solution to the issue ?

hive --version
17/03/29 08:13:24 WARN mapreduce.TableMapReduceUtil: The hbase-prefix-tree module jar containing PrefixTreeCodec is not present. Continuing without it.
Hive 1.1.0-cdh5.8.0
Subversion file:///data/jenkins/workspace/generic-package-rhel64-6-0/topdir/BUILD/hive-1.1.0-cdh5.8.0 -r Unknown
Compiled by jenkins on Thu Jun 16 12:38:23 PDT 2016
From source with checksum 0b5818247943fe4cb9817102c6e87ce3

Due to the above warning , the hive queries are not running . Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue/warning would be of great help . Thanks

~Mithun

New Contributor

Sorry, I don't have my notes from this. We tried 2 things to fix this, one was a brute force add a dummy class to the jar, but that wouldn't work for upgrades. I don't remember what the actual fix was. Cloudera should know, as it was their person who, working with Cloudera support, implemented the correct fix.

Announcements