Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hbase connection error from external system when having an edge node on cluster

Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Hbase table from an external system using JAVA API to cloudera 5.9 hadoop cluster.

Our cluster has 2 edge nodes , 2 namenodes and 10 data nodes.

Zookeeper is on the edge node , name node and data node. Hbase Master on the name node.I am able to make a connection to the Hbase table through zookeeper connecting to the edge node from my local machine( not part of the cluster). But when I am trying to scan /read/write to Hbase table it is throwing the below error.

Can anyone help me to fix this issue?

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions:
Tue Jul 18 10:00:53 CDT 2017, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=68147: row 'tbl_name,,99999999999999' on table 'hbase:meta' at region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740, hostname=dn03.com,60020,1499366811145, seqNum=0

at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.throwEnrichedException(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:264)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:199)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:56)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientSmallReversedScanner.next(ClientSmallReversedScanner.java:145)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(ConnectionManager.java:1200)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(ConnectionManager.java:1109)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.getRegionLocations(RpcRetryingCallerWithReadReplicas.java:293)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:131)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:56)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithoutRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:200)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.call(ClientScanner.java:287)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.nextScanner(ClientScanner.java:267)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.initializeScannerInConstruction(ClientScanner.java:139)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.<init>(ClientScanner.java:134)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.getScanner(HTable.java:823)
at com.seagate.dars.imagedefectanalysis.dao.HBaseDao.saveFiles2FS(HBaseDao.java:177)
at com.seagate.dars.imagedefectanalysis.ImageDefectAnalysis.main(ImageDefectAnalysis.java:40)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=68147: row 'tbl_name,,99999999999999' on table 'hbase:meta' at region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740, hostname=dn03.com,60020,1499366811145, seqNum=0
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:159)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:294)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallableWithReplicas$RetryingRPC.call(ScannerCallableWithReplicas.java:275)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host: dn03.com
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl$Connection.<init>(RpcClientImpl.java:296)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.createConnection(RpcClientImpl.java:129)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.getConnection(RpcClientImpl.java:1278)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClientImpl.call(RpcClientImpl.java:1152)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.AbstractRpcClient.callBlockingMethod(AbstractRpcClient.java:216)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.AbstractRpcClient$BlockingRpcChannelImplementation.callBlockingMethod(AbstractRpcClient.java:300)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$BlockingStub.scan(ClientProtos.java:31751)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientSmallScanner$SmallScannerCallable.call(ClientSmallScanner.java:176)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientSmallScanner$SmallScannerCallable.call(ClientSmallScanner.java:155)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:126)
... 6 more

2 REPLIES 2

Mentor

Contributor
Should I pass the /etc/hosts (all nodes on the cluster including the edge node , name node , data node) file in the java code instead of getting it from the host I am connecting to (edge node)