New Contributor

Pig store data to Hbase Error when using Hue

My CDH version is 5.1.2, my Hbase version is 0.98.1, my Hue version is 3.6.0. I executed this pig script to load data from Hbase in Hue:

c = LOAD 'hbase://analyze_block_v1' USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('d:*', '-loadKey true');
dump c;

I got this error : 

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt  - ERROR 2998: Unhandled internal error. org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce/TableInputFormat.

The guide for CDH 5.1.x here and GetHue's guide here tell me that i need to register these file to top of the pig script:

register /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-<ZooKeeper_version>-cdh<CDH_version>.jar

register /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar

The problem is that i can't find the file "hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar"  in my Hbase folder  go along with CDH 5.1.2.

I also checked the Hbase package at CDH5.1.2 download page and still can't find hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar. It seem it has been removed from Hbase 0.98.1.

I also tried this but still got the same error

REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/hbase-*.jar;
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/zookeeper.jar;
REGISTER /usr/lib/hbase/lib/guava-12.0.1.jar;

set hbase.zookeeper.quorum 'localhost'

c = LOAD 'hbase://analyze_block_v1' USING org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.hbase.HBaseStorage('d:*', '-loadKey true');
dump c;

Would you please help me fix this error!

Thanks !

New Contributor

hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2 : where is the hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar file ?

The guide of CDH 5.1.X here told me register these file to allow pig script to use hbase:

register /usr/lib/zookeeper/zookeeper-<ZooKeeper_version>-cdh<CDH_version>.jar
register /usr/lib/hbase/hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security.jar

But i can't find "hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2-security.jar" in Hbase 0.98.1.

Was it removed or replaced by other file?

If the answer is yes, what hbase file do i need to register to allow pig script to use hbase ?

Thanks !

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: hbase-0.98.1-cdh5.1.2 : where is the hbase-<HBase_version>-cdh<CDH_version>-security

I got the same issue using CDH 5.12.0 but strangely enough, it works fine using the bash console (e.g.> pig script.pig). The exact same script doesnt work with HUE. 

Announcements