Q&A: Questons about HBase Browser in Hue

by Community Manager on ‎10-16-2015 08:24 AM
Question 1:
What is the meaning of null as seen in the screenshot of the HBase table browser below?
Answer 1:
The null indicates that a row_key was not specified for the search. This is the default mode when opening a table.

hue tkb 1.png

Question 2:
Is it possible to see more or less than 10 rows at a time?
Answer 2:
Yes, you can control the number of rows returned using the Smart Search feature: <row_key> +N, for example: 
  1. Login to Hue
  2. Navigate to: Home > Data Browsers > HBase
  3. Select a table
  4. In the Smart Search enter the first row_key in the list (example, "571") and add a "+" and a "number".  The screenshots below show returning 2 and 20 rows.

hue tkb 2.png

hue tkb 3.png

Comments
by DavidLC
on ‎07-20-2016 06:52 PM

Question 3:

Can Hue show the Chinese characters ?

by DavidLC
on ‎07-20-2016 08:24 PM

Is there any other tools that can show the HBase contents with Unicode ?

by Community Manager
on ‎08-04-2016 01:36 PM

@DavidLC, I wish I knew the answers to those questions, but we might have some experts who can shed some light on them in our Hue Discussion Board.  I would recommend asking those questions there and someone should be able to help you.

Regards,

Clint

Disclaimer: The information contained in this article was generated by third-parties and not by Cloudera or it's personnel. Cloudera cannot guarantee its accuracy or efficacy. Cloudera disclaims all warranties of any kind and users of this information assume all risk associated with it and with following the advice or directions contained herein. By visiting this page, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Site Usage , including all disclaimers and limitations contained therein.