Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Configuration of Hue with Solr

Explorer

Hello all,

I want to use Hue (that I got from http://gethue.com/hue-4-1-is-out/ ) only using the connection with Solr (nothing else).

I have solr 6.6.0 with already some collections with, on every collection, some documents.

I have a linux system (64 bit), and I have installed Hue from the latest tar.gz file : until this is all ok .

Then, I followed exactly the instructions of the web page http://gethue.com/solr-search-ui-only/#comment-72349

in order to connect Hue with my Solr system .

But, unfortunately, when I login to Hue, it performs the authentication without problem, but (after the authentication) it gives me “500 server error” .

If I see the errors.log file I note these errors:

[30/Jan/2018 08:56:02 -0800] fsmanager ERROR Failed to get filesystem called “default” for “adl” schema: Filesystem not configured for adl

[30/Jan/2018 08:56:02 -0800] fsmanager ERROR Failed to get filesystem called “default” for “s3a” schema: Filesystem not configured for s3a

[30/Jan/2018 08:56:11 -0800] views ERROR Could not create home directory at login for admin.

… …

[30/Jan/2018 08:14:22 -0800] oozie_batch ERROR Oozie application is not enabled: ‘Config’ object has no attribute ‘get’

I suspect that I also must have cloudera manager in order to work with Hue (or at least I must have Hadoop configured in a proper mode). I do not need cloudera manager and Hadoop for my project: is it possible to use Hue with Solr , without Hadoop and cloudera manager?

Thank you for a possible help.

Regards.

Fabrizio

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru
What did you put in app_blacklist?

Could you remove oozie from there to quick test?

Explorer

> What did you put in app_blacklist?

I put exactly as described in the web page http://gethue.com/solr-search-ui-only/#comment-72349

so I put:

[desktop]
app_blacklist=beeswax,impala,security,filebrowser,jobbrowser,rdbms,jobsub,pig,hbase,sqoop,zookeeper,metastore,spark,oozie,indexer

> Could you remove oozie from there to quick test?

If I remove oozie from the above app_blacklist
the result is worse:
after I have restarted hue,
I perform the login procedure with my username and passord,
and in the web browser only appears the writing:

"A server error occured. Please contact the administrator" .

And, in the log directory of hue,
nothing is logged!

Please,
could you tell me the exact way to use Hue when
it is only installed Solr (and Hue installed from the tar.gz package) in the computer?

Regards.
Fabrizio

Super Guru
Could you remove 'indexer' from the list too? (will update the blog post)

Explorer

Unfortunately also with your suggestion it does not work:

I also removed, in the blacklist, indexer,

so actaully in the blacklist I have:

app_blacklist=beeswax,impala,security,filebrowser,jobbrowser,rdbms,jobsub,pig,hbase,sqoop,zookeeper,metastore,spark

Then,  if I restart hue and I perform the login procedure in the web browser,

after the login procedure it appears the message (in the web browser)

"A server error occurred.  Please contact the administrator.".

Moreover,

I noted that in the error.log file are written these new lines:

[03/Feb/2018 04:48:54 -0800] fsmanager    ERROR    Failed to get filesystem called "default" for "adl" schema: Filesystem not configured for adl
 [03/Feb/2018 04:48:54 -0800] fsmanager    ERROR    Failed to get filesystem called "default" for "s3a" schema: Filesystem not configured for s3a
 [03/Feb/2018 04:49:03 -0800] views        ERROR    Could not create home directory at login for admin.
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/auth/views.py", line 127, in dt_login
     ensure_home_directory(request.fs, user)
   File "/usr/share/hue/apps/useradmin/src/useradmin/views.py", line 795, in ensure_home_directory
     fs.do_as_user(username, fs.create_home_dir, home_directory)
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/fs/proxyfs.py", line 102, in do_as_user
     return fn(*args, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/fs/proxyfs.py", line 171, in create_home_dir
     self._get_fs(home_path).create_home_dir(home_path)
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/hadoopfs.py", line 247, in create_home_dir
     if not self.exists(home_path):
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py", line 297, in exists
     return self._stats(path) is not None
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/libs/hadoop/src/hadoop/fs/webhdfs.py", line 285, in _stats
     raise ex
 WebHdfsException: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=50070): Max retries exceeded with url: /webhdfs/v1/user/admin?op=GETFILESTATUS&user.name=hue&doas=admin (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7efdf805db90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))
 [03/Feb/2018 04:49:05 -0800] oozie_batch  ERROR    Oozie application is not enabled: 'Config' object has no attribute 'get'
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/connectors/oozie_batch.py", line 37, in <module>
     from oozie.views.api import get_log as get_workflow_logs
   File "/usr/share/hue/apps/oozie/src/oozie/views/api.py", line 31, in <module>
     from jobbrowser.views import job_single_logs
   File "/usr/share/hue/apps/jobbrowser/src/jobbrowser/views.py", line 62, in <module>
     LOG_OFFSET_BYTES = LOG_OFFSET.get()
 AttributeError: 'Config' object has no attribute 'get'

I remember you that, in my computer (that has a the ditribution linux mint 18.1 (64 bit))

there is only installed solr ver. 6.6.0  that runs in correct mode

(I verified it) in http://localhost:8983 and there are some collections (with some documents inside).

I also remember you that in my computer there is not haddop running.

Could you help me in order to solve the problem?

Regards.

Fabrizio

Super Guru
Any chance you try with Hue master? (it works for me, and 4.2 version will
be cut based on it soon)

Explorer

What is Hue Master ? And How could I get it ?

I installed HUE, from the tar.gz package

that I got from http://gethue.com/hue-4-1-is-out/

and after I have installed the above package

(following the instruction in included README file).

And then I followed the instrunction in http://gethue.com/solr-search-ui-only/#comment-72349   .

I performed the above operations because I only need

Hue with solr (nothing else).

Is it mandatory (to work with Hue and Solr)

also to have additional packages? (cloudera manager and/or hadoop, or postgres db, or other?).

Regards.

Fabrizio

Super Guru
Hue can work with only Solr or any other component.

If blacklisting in 4.1 has issues, we would recommend to just remove the
other apps permission in the default group:
http://gethue.com/how-to-manage-permissions-in-hue/

That way regular users (non Hue admin) in the default group will only the
Solr Dashboards

Explorer

> we would recommend to just remove the
  > other apps permission in the default group:

If I go in the section of permission

of the "default" group I see a lot of modules

that I can tick .

So, if I understand well, I I want only to use solr collections,

I have only to tick the module "search.access" and nothing else?

Could you give me the exact list (of permission in "default" group)

of modules to tick?

Regards.

Fabrizio