Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Do not see impala app in hue after installation of impala.

Contributor

Hi,

I installed the cloudera manager and a small cluster. Hive through hue is working fine. Then I added the impala service. This is running fine (everything green in the cloudera manager). I want to add it now to hue so I can also run queries using impala. From what I read online, I should see the impala app under desktop/dump_config but this is not the case. I am running cloudera manager 5.13 .

When I check /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process I do notice in the hue.ini file that app_blacklist contains impala. However in the /etc/hue/conf/hue.ini file this is not the case. Also when I navigate to confiugration through cloudera manger, nothing is filled for the blacklist. WHat I understand from it , is that the app blacklist only prevents these apps listed from showing up in the standard hue web page top bar.

Maybe should I have changed something in the default configuration of impala before it is usable through hue? What does work fine is when I start the impala-shell command in Linux, so I thin impala was correctly installed.

Any idea how to add impala to hue so I can use it as a query editor?

Many thanks,

JB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Hello @JB0000000000001,

If you added the Impala Service after Hue was part of the cluster, it is likely you need to manually enable Impala via Cloudera Manager.

Try going to Hue --> Configuration

Then, search for "Impala Service"

If "none" is selected, choose the name of your Impala service instead and save.

Restart Hue.

Log out of Hue and back in if you already have an active session just to be sure.

After that, Impala service should be available in Hue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

Hello @JB0000000000001,

If you added the Impala Service after Hue was part of the cluster, it is likely you need to manually enable Impala via Cloudera Manager.

Try going to Hue --> Configuration

Then, search for "Impala Service"

If "none" is selected, choose the name of your Impala service instead and save.

Restart Hue.

Log out of Hue and back in if you already have an active session just to be sure.

After that, Impala service should be available in Hue.

Contributor

Indeed, this is exactly what was missing. Many thanks for prompt response.

Explorer
Thanks a lot Bgooley for the response, was looking exactly for same solution.

Regards,
Smith

Explorer

Hi, suddenly it is again crashing, previously was working fine. Can you check at your end?

Regards,

Smith