New Contributor

How to pass the pameter to Oozie workflow from hdfs file/local system file

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a hive query where i have parameterized the limit. ${limit} -- passing parameter like this it prompts me when i run the workflow directly or if i schedule it i have to give value in the co-ordinator. If I want to pass this from a file .. which can be present in my local system or hdfs location. How to do that?? Please help.

Highlighted
Topics: 11
Kudos: 60
Solutions: 34

Re: How to pass the pameter to Oozie workflow from hdfs file/local system file

@Yashsrigupta

There could be a different approach but my recommendation is 

Instead of sending hive parameter from Oozie, you can control hive parameter from hiveconf, So Oozie calls only hive and hive calls hiveconf,  i mean 

instead of "Oozie -> hive"  and "Oozie -> hive parameter"

Try "Oozie -> hive" and "hive -> hive parameter"

Below link explains how to pass hiveconf from hive

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12464636/how-to-set-variables-in-hive-scripts

New Contributor

Thanks for the solution. But this will work for hive.

what if i have to pass the parameter while calling a sqoop or a pig command or other options available in oozie from a file present either on local system or hdfs. In that case this solution will not work. Do you have any other ways of doing this.

Explorer

use shell action in your workflow and echo the required parameter in your shell executable file and use them as ${wf:actionData('shell_action_name') ['shell_variable']} in further on hive action as hiveconf or to the sqoop

Announcements