Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to restore Oozie Workflows from within Hue

Rising Star

Hi Anyone,

I was just wondering....if I accidentally deleted a whole bunch of Oozie Workflows within the Hue (3.9.0) GUI, is there a simple way to restore them ?

I understand this can be done to get the JSON workflows back in Hue:

http://gethue.com/exporting-and-importing-oozie-workflows/

But I am looking to get the actual Hue Control Nodes and DAG (Direct Acyclic Graph) definitions, not just the JSON and XML.

Have I explained that correctly ?

I thought perhaps restoring the Oozie database (MySQL database called "oozie") and Hue database (MySQL database called "hue") might somehow "recreate" the Hue Control Node DAG components in the Hue editor ?

But I'm not 100% sure doing this will work (and most likely it will actually get back just the CML/JSON....not the Control Nodes and DAG's).

As I mentioned I need the XML/JSON and the actual Hue Control Nodes/DAG's that were originally created using:

Hue -> Workflows -> Editors -> Workflows - > "The name of my Workflow".

Any assistance and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Damion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Thanks Romain !

I forgot to mention, we are using CDH 5.7.1 and I originally setup the Hue database to be a MySQL external DB (migrated from embedded).

This morning (only about 30 minutes ago) I restored the Hue MySQL database from a backup (before the Oozie Workflows were deleted), and at this stage all the Hue Control Nodes and DAG components for each WF look like they are fine.

Our Oozie Workflow Guru (my collegue who wrote all the WF's) is now looking through them in Hue to confirm they all look and work OK.

Thankyou so much for your quick response.

Cheers,

Damion.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
Yes, putting back a DB backup will restore all the documents.

If you have a json dump too.
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/hue_dbs_custom_db.html

Rising Star

Thanks Romain !

I forgot to mention, we are using CDH 5.7.1 and I originally setup the Hue database to be a MySQL external DB (migrated from embedded).

This morning (only about 30 minutes ago) I restored the Hue MySQL database from a backup (before the Oozie Workflows were deleted), and at this stage all the Hue Control Nodes and DAG components for each WF look like they are fine.

Our Oozie Workflow Guru (my collegue who wrote all the WF's) is now looking through them in Hue to confirm they all look and work OK.

Thankyou so much for your quick response.

Cheers,

Damion.