Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to run Python script in Hue through oozie

Expert Contributor

Hi, can someone give me a few basic steps on how to go about running a simple python script in Hue using Oozie such as reading a hive table and write the data to a csv file. Some steps like where I enter the python code and how to run it through HUE interface to help me get started. An example python script will also be very helpful. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

The solution was to put the python script in Hue->Query->Editor->Spark in the Libs field with the full path of the python script example: Libs:  /user/userxyz/myscript.py and run the query. Clicking the job_xxxxx link will show if the script ran successfully or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru
The following link:
http://gethue.com/use-the-shell-action-in-oozie/

from Hue website is about how to setup script shell in Hue Oozie interface. Python script will be similar. I suggest you go through the documentation on Hue for more detailed info.

Expert Contributor

The solution was to put the python script in Hue->Query->Editor->Spark in the Libs field with the full path of the python script example: Libs:  /user/userxyz/myscript.py and run the query. Clicking the job_xxxxx link will show if the script ran successfully or not.