Contributor

Hue Search Dashboard import file location

In Hue under the Search->Dashboards menue, we have option to import the json file. My question is once the file is successfully imported where the file is stored in the backend.

I am getting proxy error while importing the json file. So I am looking for the path where hue stores the imported json file so that I can directly place the files in that location . Please advise.

Topics: 11
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 32

Re: Hue Search Dashboard import file location

@Ravi

You can keep the file anywhere in hdfs and make use of it

Contributor

Import is the option which Hue uses to upload the json file and display the json file as dashboard.  If I keep the file anywhere how Hue dashboard will read my json file and show as dashboard.

@Ravi

Hue will not automatically read all the json file from a particular location and show in dashboard. In Solr case, you have to follow the below steps

1. Keep a file in HDFS Path
  2. Hue -> Search -> Index -> Create a new index by selecting the file from above path
  3. Create the Dash board from the above index

Hope this will help you

Contributor

We have build the Solr indexes and also build the Hue dashboard using that index in region 1. For the built Hue dashboard in region 1 we have downloaded the json file so that it can be deployed in another (for example region 2).

In region 2 we have build the same Solr index (and no issues with Solr) , but when we try to import the json file (downloaded from region 1) due to proxy issue in Hue it is not importing the json file . So we are trying to identify the location from where Hue reads the Json file so that we can place the json file through command line.

We have imported the json file from one region to other region using the import option previously in Hue and we didn't had any issues and Hue could show the dashboard. Now since the import option is not working properly we are trying to place the json file through command line in Hue preferred location.

Please   

@Ravi

If it is  one time work there are few other work arounds that you can follow instead of import the json file

distcp (or) scp json the file from region 1 to region 2 :

Syntax: scp <filename>   <targethost>:/os path

then copy to HDFS (any path), create index & dash board

Announcements