Contributor

Hue Search - Timeline widget problem

[ Edited ]

Hi all, I have CDH 5.7.0 and Solr 4.10.3.

I have a Solr index that's apparently working correctly, but if in Hue Search I try to create a Dashboard on it, containing a Timeline widget, it doesn't work as expected.

I have a "date" type field in the index (that is, "data_coll"), it's indexed and stored (like ALL the other fields in the index itself).

When I drag the Timeline Widget Item in my new dashboard, a dropdown asks me to select a Date field to use. It proposes me one and one only field: "data_coll" (that's the only "date" field in the index). So I click on it. A chart shows up in the destination pane, but...

Problem is, on the Y axis I just get the Total Documents Count for that Index on that day. I can't change the Metric to be used (even just for count) on the Y axis. Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshots attached. Thanks for any insights...

1) WHEN I DRAG THE WIDGET ITEM ON ITS DESTINATION PANE (I'M PROPOSED TO CHOOSE "DATA_COLL" AS X AXIS TIMELINE FIELD):

Schermata 2016-09-08 alle 18.06.14.png 

2) AFTER CHOOSING "DATA_COLL" AS THE TIME FIELD (CAN'T CHANGE Y AXIS METRIC AFTER THAT!)

Schermata 2016-09-08 alle 18.06.31.png

Contributor

Re: Hue Search - Timeline widget problem

I mentioned that I have CDH 5.7.0 and Solr 4.10.3, but I forgot to say that Hue version is 3.9

I've tried to build the Timeline Chart both with and without "latest features enabled" in Hue Configuration...

Highlighted
Cloudera Employee

It won't work unless you use your own Solr 5+ or CDH6 next year.
Contributor

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that, as this widget was not part of the "new features" that you can manually activate in Hue 3.9, this would work... My bad

Announcements